Looking for a career with us?
We are currently looking for the following stars to shine along with us.
Cooking food and making money … what could be better? Sous Chefs are second-in-command in kitchens, reporting to the Head Chef, overseeing the preparation and cooking of food at restaurants, diners, and other operations where somebody can get a bite to eat. Sous Chefs make sure that the kitchen is a well-oiled machine, preparing food, managing the kitchen staff to make sure food prepared quickly and as delicious as possible, and enforcing food safety standards. When the Head Chef is away, the Sous Chef is in charge.
You are a master of:
- Creativity: Knowledge of ingredients and how to use them in a creative way will serve you well.
- Leadership Skills: Sous Chefs are in charge often manage the entire kitchen, from the dishwasher to the cooks. Being a good leader, who can assign tasks, hire the right people, motivate workers in a high stress environment will help you immensely.
- Hand-Eye Coordination: All chefs work with knives and must have excellent technique when cutting and preparing food. Hand-eye coordination is needed.
- Sense of Taste and Smell: Delicious food brings in customers. Sous Chefs are the last line of defense to make sure each piece of food is safe, prepared correctly and tasty.
- Time Management Skills: Kitchens get busy quickly, food can get ruined easily if you cannot manage your time. Great time management will help you avoid burned or spoiled food and angry customers.
Experience in Italian food is key. We are looking for at least 4 years of related experience. Most Sous Chefs start as dishwashers or cooks, etc., and learn the skills they need on the job to move up. However, some will gain experience through training at a community college or trade school, where 2- and 4-year degrees are available. Sous Chefs looking for more advanced training can get involved in apprenticeships through culinary schools and other organizations. These typically last 2 years.
CHEF DE PARTIE
We are looking for a professional Chef de Partie to amaze the patrons of our establishment with excellent cooking standards according to the chef’s recipes and specifications. Your work will be an important factor to a client’s contentment. The ultimate goal is to expand our clientele and reputation to ensure long-term success.
Your responsibilities include:
- Preparing menus in collaboration with colleagues.
- Ensuring adequacy of supplies at the cooking stations.
- Preparing ingredients that should be frequently available (vegetables, spices etc.).
- Following the guidance of the Executive or Sous Chef and have input in new ways of presentation or dishes.
- Putting effort into optimizing the cooking process with attention to speed and quality.
- Enforcing strict health and hygiene standards.
- Helping to maintain a climate of smooth and friendly cooperation.
- Proven experience in a Chef De Partie role.
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Knowledge of best cooking practices.
- Culinary school diploma.
- Knowledge of at least 2 years in Italian restaurant cooking.
DEMI CHEF DE PARTIE
The Demi Chef De Partie prepares simple food and helps to maintain a high level of service that consistently exceeds the expectations of our staff and customers.
Your responsibilities include:
- Monitoring stock movement and being responsible for ordering for your section.
- Ensuring minimum kitchen wastage.
- Ensuring knowledge of the product is maintained and communicated to all relevant personnel.
- Responsibility for completing your mis-en place.
- Learning & recording skills and recipes from other members of the department.
- Reporting any maintenance issues to the Head Chef immediately.
- Complying with all best practices, policies and procedures to ensure that all statutory regulations are observed.
- Liaising with the Head Chef/Sous Chef and implementing new menu/dishes/systems as and when applicable.
- Ensuring all statutory regulations are adhered to, such as food hygiene policies.
- Being flexible and willing to help out in the restaurant kitchen at peak periods, if required.
Interested to join our family of stars? Write in to us at email@example.com and let us know why you deserve the roles above. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.